Rise and shine…it’s Monday. The once dredded day of returning to your routine is no more. Here to the left of this text is a nice cup o’ joe to rev up the wayward week ahead of you.
In store for you this Monday, and every Monday here on out, are recap photos from the weekend’s past events and a peak into the future with short – but sweet – information and introductions to the artists who will be showcasing their talents for the weekend ahead.
See…Mondays are so bad now…are they?
1. Fun stuff first: August is the month to get all artsy fartsy and the Coachella Valley Art Show will be the first event to kick the month off on a good start for you. The Art Show will take place in Indio, at one of my favorite jems in the desert, the Date Farmer’s Art Studio. If you haven’t been to a show there yet, I highly suggest you check it out. Not only because it’s in a part of Indio that the police never bother to roll through (despite how loud the bands play outside), but because the Date Farmers make the excellent hosts and create the best vibes for all who wander into the spot. Showcasing talents will be artists such as Alisa Acosta-Putz, Andrew Felix, Klylie Knight, Daniel Lugo, and of course…The Date Farmers. Music will be provided by rock groups Ol’ Harbour and Mira La Luz. The art show will run from 9 – 12…still giving you time to catch (and choose) between two other shows going on later that night…
2. Previously featured in the blog, EMA Productions, will be hosting an Electro music event that will be gladly accepting a donation of a new backpack in exchange for 2 drink tickets and 2 entry tickets. Pretty cool. They will also feature the go go dancing girls from Glitz and Glam to acompany the DJs AimLo, Vanray, and the new kid in town, Classic Cult. Word on the street is that Classic Cult is only 16 years old! Make sure to check out his free downloadable mix at http://www.zshare.net/audio/14898064819f4426/.
Location: Oasis Night Club 661 E Palm Canyon Drive Palm Springs, CA
3. The desert’s hip hop scene will be hosting another event this weekend called The Desert Storm. Undiscovered Poets, Three Strykes, Exact Opposites and the DJ duo Vinyl Assasins will be bringing the thunder. They will also be giving away free giveaways….but what those might be is a mystery. I guess you’ll just have to go to find out.
Location: Old Town Bar and Grill 78065 Main Street La Quinta, CA
4. RAD REVIEWS by Steve Preston will be a new weekly to the blog. Steve, of the world famous Owl Radio, will be doing album reviews for artsist around the desert. If you would like Steve to take a hear to your album for a write-up please email: email@example.com
5. Keep and eye out for a myspace friend request near you! The Coachella Valley Art Scene Blog will be making a myspace page for everyone to meet and greet each other at. Keep an eye out….http://www.myspace.com/theCVartscene