Yeah…. we are back. And yeah… we did disappear last week. So sorry, y’alls. The first time we were absent from the blog in almost 3 years…. can you believe that? The reason… umm… well…. hmmmm…. ok… to be honest, we were partying it up all week with Alf Alpha!!! Alf Alpha got a week-long DJ gig DJing for Adidas in La Quinta and we joined in on the festivities…. we partied it up with Adidas, Jeremy Scott, Snoop Dogg, and DJ Quick. And when you get a party invite like that… you’d be a dummy to not swoop on it. So, being the party animal that we are we took Alf Alpha up on the offer and didn’t have time to blog during all the raging…. ;-/
However, while gone, we soaked up all kinds of inspiration. And actually, being away from the computer for a whole week was kind of beautiful!!! I felt like I was on a detox program of sorts. So, now that I am thinking more clearly… and revitalized… I am ready to head back to the laptop, back to the blog, back to the grind, back to life, back to reality. Such is life!…
So, let’s quit the talk and walk the walk!…
This week on the CVAS blog, expect to read up and catch up on the following…
1. RECAPS of HAPPS from the PAST: Last Week’s Shenanigans. Similar to a doctor’s note when you were in High School, we turn in our absent note for last week’s disappearance… via photos. I think you guys will understand why we were gone – and see the inspiration that we soaked up while absent.
2. RECAPS of HAPPS from the PAST: World Famous. To make up for our week of absence, we threw a bangin’ party at the Ace Hotel on Saturday night…. and man oh man was it wild! The biggest World Famous party to date!!! We are so happy that all you guys came out and we are really looking forward to the next one (last Saturday of every month!!!). Pictures, video, and more coming to the blog and Facebook this week.
3. RECAPS of HAPPS from the PAST: Poolside Crafts with The Coachella Valley Art Scene. on Saturday and Sunday of this past Memorial day weekend we got booked at the Ace Hotel to set up our interactive, always free, community craft installation – and it was a blast!!! We provide you with some pictures of not just what people made… but also the amazing vinatge costumes that we wore – pretty awesome if you ask me!
4. RECAPS of HAPPS from the PAST: AIDS/Lifecycle Arts Show/Auction. There was an amazing art show this past Monday at the Ace Hotel. It featured all local artists, with special additions from big time artists such as Shepard Fairy and Neck Face. With every piece sold, all money went toward the brave souls who will be participating in the AIDS/Lifecycle bicycle race from San Fransisco to Los Angeles, an 8 day bicycle trip!!!!! Each contestant must raise $3,000 and all goes towards the AIDS Foundation. It’s for an amazing cause and all sorts of young adults from the desert came out to support their peers who are participating in the excursion! Photos provided by Ken Foto are coming soon…
5. Frolicking with the Foodies. This week in Palm Springs is the Palm Springs Restaurant Week. Score!!! All the restaurants show off what they are made of this week – and we are pretty hype. The art of cuisine… yes please!
6. Global Lens is at it Again. Yes! It’s that time of the year again when the Palm Springs Art Museum offers free films every Thursday!!! And these just aren’t any kind of film… these are Global Lens hand picked treasures! They not only take you out of your everyday life… but they allow you travel the world with them as they are top notch foreign films from all over the globe. Amazing… amazing, I tell ya. Can’t wait to share!
7. Arts Shows a Go Go!!! Man… dude… yooooo… this weekend has back to back amazing art shows that are for young artistic adults of the desert, put on by the young and artistic adults of the desert. So awesome, so hype, so ready to blog about this for you guys. On Friday evening/night at the Date Shed they are having a really great art show and then on Saturday afternoon/evening at the Ace Hotel Josh Couto of the Farmer’s Block is throwing a really great, multi-faceted art show featuring music, art, food and craft. Both events will be something for the books… don’t be left out.
8. Calling All Artists!!: The CVAS’s newest feature: an ONLINE GALLERY!!! Calling all artists… the CVAS is expanding it’s horizons and will be trying something new out…. an online gallery!!! This online gallery will sell the art works of local artists from the Coachella Valley. This will not only serve as a platform for Coachella Valley artists to make some ca$h by selling their work, but also be a platform and way for other people outside of the Coachella valley to view the works and (hopefully) have the opportunity to take a piece home with them. The Online Gallery will not only sell individual pieces, but it will also have very special limited edition collabo pieces (from two or more desert artists) and “Art Packs”, which will be a miss-mash of all sorts of desert-y stuff. It’s going to be fun! So, if you are an artist and have pieces ready to sell please contact me asap!! Holler at Sarah: thecoachellavalleyartscene @gmail.com
9. Commercial Break: Won’t You Take Me to… Funky Town?! Boogie on down to probably the best place to party at …. the desert. This week we focus on why the desert is such an amazing place to loose your mind in.
10. Tumblr, Twitter, Youtube… oh my! Let’s link up! We got it all…. Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, you name it… we’re on it.
11. Randoms. You never ever know what will be next this week on the blog!! We just might have an art bio, free music, who knows?!?!…. it’s the internet!
12. Things 2 Do Thursday. Party time – EXCELLENT! Wayne’s World new what was up… party time is a glorious time…. it’s when friends, community, the arts, the nightlife come together in one big room and create magic. We’ve been documenting desert magic for about 3 years and don’t expect to stop anytime soon… come back on Thursday to see where the magic is going down this weekend.